1st Call for Workshop Proposals: Machine Translation Summit 2019
Machine Translation Summit workshops are intended to provide the
opportunity for MT-related communities of interest to spend time
together advancing the state of thinking or the state of practice in
their area of endeavour. We are particularly interested in submissions
related to commercialisation of MT and/or its use by translators.
However, any themes connected to MT research, development, deployment,
use, and evaluation are welcome. Topics for past workshops have included
post-editing, translation of patents, monolingual aspects of MT,
collaborative translation, lexical resources, and MT research and the
translation industry, to mention just a few.
– Workshop proposal deadline: Friday, 18th January 2019
– Notification of workshop acceptance: no later than Friday, 15th
– Camera-ready deadline for workshops with proceedings: Friday, 19th
– Workshop days: Monday, 19th August 2019 or Tuesday, 20th August 2019
Workshop proposals should be submitted to the Easy Chair system. They
should adhere to the template provided, including the following:
– Workshop title
– Description of the workshop’s topic and content
– Names, affiliations, and email addresses of the organisers, with
one-paragraph statements of their research interests and experience in
organising workshops and related events.
– Desired workshop length (half-day or full-day) and expected number of
– Description of any special requirements for technical needs.
– Dates for important milestones (call for papers, recruitment of
– Whether this is an ongoing or new workshop.
– A signed copy of the MT Summit Workshop Policy and Leader Agreement Form